Friday, June 06, 2014

The appeal of stainless steel

click photo to enlarge
I don't wear jewellery of any kind unless you consider a wrist watch to be decorative. And, if it is jewellery, then it says something about my preferences. Were I someone who did hang decorative items on my body then I would spurn gold and silver and head straight for the stainless steel. That is, if jewellery is made of such material - I have no idea whether it is or not.

A couple of weeks ago I was emptying the washing machine and the sunlight reflected from the white wall behind me illuminated its interior. The stainless steel's metallic lustre and the pattern of the holes appealed to me. So I got the small Sony camera, stuck it inside and took this photograph.

© Tony Boughen

Camera: Sony RX100
Mode: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 13.9mm (37mm - 35mm equiv.)
F No: f5
Shutter Speed: 1/125 sec
ISO:6400
Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
Image Stabilisation: On