Tuesday, October 26, 2010

All change

click photo to enlarge
I've changed my camera system over the past few days. Actually, that's not strictly true: "I've started to change my system" is nearer the mark. Two factors have prompted this. Firstly, the scope of my photography has changed in recent months and Olympus isn't giving me enough of what I need, and secondly I don't especially want to follow the route that Olympus has said that it is taking with Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds. Consequenty I've started to divest myself of my Olympus equipment and have bought a Canon camera and lenses. Despite the fact that I've been an Olympus user since 1974 I wouldn't say I have any brand loyalty, though I have enjoyed some of the company's innovations and the fact that, generally speaking, it tried to keep the size and weight of its system as small and low as possible. During the past thirty six years I've always had a second camera but it has never been an Olympus: I chose models by Ricoh, Fuji, Canon and Panasonic. Now I'm going to have to get used to my new, heavier kit. The body-building courses will start soon!

Today's image was taken with the new kit. It shows the top of the metal entrance gateway to the "Teen Park" in Donington, Lincolnshire - a place with cycle and skateboard ramps, shelter and space, where teenagers can hang out.

photograph and text (c) T. Boughen