Saturday, May 31, 2014

Domestic semi-abstract

click photo to enlarge
During my recent hiatus from posting I took this photograph as we sat in the sun enjoying a cup of tea with friends. It shows part of a striped plastic tray and part of the base of this stainless steel teapot. As teapots go this is a good one, but as trays go this example is hopeless. That's not to say that the tray doesnt have virtues: it's easy to clean, colourful and long-lasting. However, if you put any pottery, china or stainless steel on it, and then carry it, the contents slide about like skaters on a frozen pond. I'd get rid of it, but I hate waste more than I value an effective tray.

© Tony Boughen

Camera: Canon 5DMk2
Mode: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 100mm macro
F No: f7.1
Shutter Speed: 1/800 sec
ISO: 100
Exposure Compensation:  -0.33 EV
Image Stabilisation: On