Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Fitting in the photography


click photo to enlarge
Recently my photography and blogging has suffered, having been fitted into a schedule that has involved a lot of travelling and time spent with an ailing family member. Consequently, though there have been one or two outings where photography has been planned, the activity has frequently been something of an afterthought, a shot or two grabbed here and there.

Today's photographs are a case in point. During a day away from home, with a little time on my hands, I looked around the garden in which I was sitting to see if I could snatch a few shots. The metal garden table and chairs with their shadows on the lawn seemed the best available option. Sometimes a self-imposed determination to get a photograph from a particular subject prompts a level of invention that otherwise lays untouched. To the amusement of my companions I circled the furniture, composing shots from every angle. The two shown here are the best of the crop: nothing startling, but pleasing enough in their own way.

photograph and text © Tony Boughen

Photo 1
Camera: Canon
Mode: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 40mm
F No: f8
Shutter Speed: 1/640
ISO: 100
Exposure Compensation:  -0.33 EV
Image Stabilisation: N/A