Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Crocuses


click photo to enlarge
A computer component failure has descended on me again, and though it hasn't severed my connection with the wider electronic world - I'm using my older machine - it does require some attention and a little time. Consequently I'm likely to be somewhat quieter than usual, as far as photographs and reflections go, until I have dealt with the problem. I do have a queue of photographs in waiting so I may post those but without much in the way of accompanying ramblings.

Today's photograph shows a group of crocuses that my wife planted under a cherry tree in the part of our garden that we sometimes call "the jungle". They looked so magnificent in their thrusting brightness that I had to get the macro lens and tripod out, get down on my knees and grab this shot. It is presented just as it came out of the camera with only resizing and sharpening for the web.

photograph and text (c) T. Boughen

Camera: Canon
Mode: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 100mm
F No: f5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/80 sec
ISO: 250
Exposure Compensation: 0 EV
Image Stabilisation: Off