Friday, February 15, 2008

Self-portrait clutching mirror

click photo to enlarge
I don't take many shots with people as the main subject (family snaps excluded). My photographic interests lie elsewhere. Where people do occur in my images they are generally for scale, as a small focal point, or simply because they are unavoidable! However, every now and again I do a self-portrait. These are usually tangential images - you're not going to get a full-on mug-shot from me!

Today's image is a bit of fun, and shows me clutching a mirror. Actually I'm not so much clutching as reaching around (it's on a stand) as I peep over the top, Kilroy-like. The image was framed using the Live-View feature of the camera. The rest of the confusion of reflections I leave you to work out for yourself.

photograph & image (c) T. Boughen

Camera: Olympus E510
Mode: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 11mm (22mm/35mm equiv.)
F No: f7.1
Shutter Speed: 1/15
ISO: 800
Exposure Compensation: -0.3 EV
Image Stabilisation: On